I just want to start out by saying that the toilets in our flat hates me. I was so embarrassed the first day when I couldn’t flush the toilet. The toilet wouldn’t flush. Seriously, I thought! Seriously!!!!!*&^%$#@#$%^&*(*&^. So since then I have developed many different tool to flush the toilet… pump the handle, hold down the handle or wait a few minutes. But it is a real drag haha.
At any rate last night we went out to a pub until they kicked us out of that one. It was fun but I wouldn’t be heartbroken if we never went back there again. There was about 9 of us walking and we were like oh man we would get screamed at for being “Freessssshman” at Syracuse. Sam added that we would be called “Ammmmeriiiiccccccan” here equally as insulting from the British point of view J hahaha. Gabby taught me the art of “borrowing” glasses that you finish, so now I have another pint glass that says Foster’s. I may make that a tradition – take foster’s glasses when I see them, haha. I had strongbow last night – I thought of my friend Sarah! She gave me some for my 21st birthday J it was good. It is spiced cider and it tastes like champagne so its good. Then Gabby’s friend called to tell us they were in Picidilly circus to Zoo Bar. I had remembered that name from friends saying it was good. So we decided to take the tube!!!!!!! It was crazy! You have to go down two escalators and some stairs! I swear my ears started popping. Then on the escalators you have to stand on the right if you are standing and you can walk or run hurriedly n the left. It’s so weird because there are posters all the way down and you want to look at them but you are going down so steeply its hard. There are some street performers and beggars but it is really clean! Really clean! We got there and Gabby’s friend had already left but we just walked around and we had fun! We weren’t drunk we weren’t buzzed we were just walking around seeing everything. There are casinos everywhere (yeah right like I will gamble away pounds! Hahah) It was a really nice area. I really enjoyed doing something constructive like that. We are sure to go back.
Onto today we got a late start because we were looking art ryanair and there are flights to Milan for .01 pence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we realized we are only here for like 12 weeks and that is crazy!!! Aghhhhhhhh! So we got no planning done hhaha. Then we walked around oxford street a great shopping area. With gaps, h&m’s, Aldo’s. But also London stores. I bought a hairdryer at John Lewis for 9.99 pence. That store rocks! It is like macy’s but macy’s on crack! They sell everything! Its like 6 floors! I hope to go back and explore it more. Then we took a different way home to see different places. And it was nice. But we have yet to find a nice like dessert place. Like a little dessert place. A hole in the wall London dessert place that sells delectable desserts and only desserts. Then we got back. I had some chicken wings and discovered Marie is on the same tube line and close! Tonight I think we are going to go out to dinner and then get dressed up and go to a club. But we don’t have water right now… so that stinks! But I think the internet is fixed so I shall be available on Skype and online soon! I just have an internship meeting with school tonight. I emailed my internship contact and I should have a meeting with her this Thursday. Well I should go.
Don’t forget me, I’ll write to you soon!
Stacey