Thursday, January 24, 2008

Class Continued

Class part two

Hi sorry I didn’t write yesterday! I had… GASP… Homework!!!! Haha. So yesterday I had class at 10:40. I had Psychology of Personality. This professor. I want to wrap him up and take him home. I took notes in my notebook not about psychology but of all the peculiarities that he said and did. He is a tall skinny man with gray hair. He says, “Bril!” every other word. Which I assume is short for brilliant. Haha. He also seems genuinely excited and acts like everything in the course is unexpected and new, when in fact he teaches the course and controls where it goes. He makes sound effects for everything that come on the projector screen like a buzzer noise as if he were Pat Sajack in Wheel of Fortune. He sits on the floor and watches the movies he shows. He is so polite and never wants us to feel uncomfortable we can pass on questions at any time. He is a very jumpy old man and jittery. My favorite part of class when he was talking about class policies and the absence policy – he doesn’t mind if we are absent but he requires us to send him an email with the reason. He wants to know if we won’t be there so he can apologize to the class for us. He will not tell them the reason we are absent because that may be quite confidential but he will apologize to our fellow classmates that we aren’t there. Oh and we have learning conversations, not lectures and we meditate. Did I mention that? This will be a marvelous class. He even invited us to meet him and his wife for dinner and coffee and a show this weekend. I will jump in the next round with my new friend, Elizabeth who we’ve figured out how we know each other. We used to stand at the same bus stop back at school last semester looking tired and miserable. Haha. Small world. She lived in Lambreth 101, I think.

Then I came home and took a prompt nap for about 30 minutes. Then I went to my world economy class. Now this professor is scary. Think Alan Rickman. He is a hard ass and economics usually isn’t my strong suit so I bet you Sam, Katy, Scott, Evan and George Noble Three (yes, that is how this guy called George in roll call. It was hilarious and George immediately turned 7 different shades of scarlet haha.) will have study sessions about this class. But we survived he let us out early so that was nice. We all agreed that is the first class here that we actually learned something in so far. Haha. Not just your fluffy artsie fartsy liberal arts class. It is hard because on Wednesdays I have two 3 hour classes! Agh! That is a really long time to sit think and focus. But I will manage I guess. This econ class should be O.K. Katy has a funny tradition she and her friend, my new friend who is here, Jaime, toast to the dead when they are out and they keep a list. So in light of recent events she was adding Heath Legger to that unfortunate list and we were talking like ecn dorks that we are about how the stock market crashed in the states. So she promptly added the American Dollar to the deceased list. We will have a drink to that the next pub we go to! Hhahahahahhaha!

Then sam and I went to a cheap travel agency to inquire about spring break. We want to go to Greece and were dreaming of this cruise, meanwhile our bank accounts were dreaming of … well… the nothing that would be left. But on travel plans the school is having a trip to Edinborough, Scotland that was reasonable and it was a lottery and I got picked to pay the money to go Feb 7th-10th J

Then I came home and ate leftover spaghetti with cold turkey deli meat and bread I got like night old for .29pense! It was delicious. Then me, Zac, Mike and Maisha met up at Faraday for film club. There they showed 7 up a documentary that followed people from when they were 7 checking in every 7 years till they were 49. It was interesting and real reality television. Then they showed a British spoof of the series, which was fabulous! The best part there was free food!!!!! It was funny I sat on the floor for part of it and I could feel the tube go by like every 8 minutes. It was cool.

Then I came home to skype not working yet again and I read and went to bed.

Today I had the same classes I had on Tuesday. They were good. We develed deeper into stuff today. And actually learned stuff! I love my writing teach to death! That class is awesome hopefully I will be able to put my work up on here.

Then I came home and had a sandwich and Zac and I decided to walk to big ben. We got to Trafalgar square took touristie pictures and stopped in stores along the way. It was a lot of fun. We found this bookstore that smelled RANK! But it was filled with really really really really old books! Then we bought random things from store that was closing. I bout a flag that says London London London London London London London all over it. For one pound.

Then sam called us saying her and Gabby were going to Harrod’s because THE sale ends this Saturday. So we went there. OH MY GOD! ITS INSANE. We tried to give Zac a clothing makeover in Harrod's but he wouldn't have it. Gabby, Sam and I are trying to get him to invest in dark wash jeans... we'll see how that goes. We'll have a British girl snatch him up by the time we leave becuase of his impecable style. I can’t even describe it to you and I have pictures and they won’t even touch how beautiful that place is!!!!!!!!! But Tom Brady was there in a photo ad so it was even more beautiful! Sam bought her perfect trench from H&M. I didn't buy anything... give me time! Hahaha. Don't worry we are going back to Harrod's many many times. We will proably dine there once because it has like a crazay food court. Oh, my family will enjoy this the one thing I came close to buying was a stick of bread, but I didn't have enough coins and I was too cheap to pay for it with bills. Hahaha!

Then we went to dinner at this little café down the street from our apartments. Overall really good day! Tomorrow we are going to Stonehedge. That should be really fun. I will try to post new pictures I finally took some today J

Alright talk to you later!

PS My writing professor said to randomly write an image down everyday. SO my image today – how the uneven sidewalks in London sometimes wobble, making a noise of the concrete slipping and making it virtually impossible to wear heels.

Don’t forget me, I’ll write to you soon!

Stacey

Distance never separates people that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But, whenever I start feeling sad because I miss people I remind myself how lucky I am to have people so special to miss.

Don’t forget me, I’ll write to you soon!