Ok first of all,
Tommy baby and Baby Manning in the superbowl. Its going to be crazy!
Save the Date:
Who: The New England Patriots
Vs. The New York Giants
What: The Superbowl
Where: Arizona but seen on TV
When: February 3rd, 2008
Why: To see who the best team in American football is.
I watched the Patriots, but by the time that game was over it was already about 12, so I didn’t get to even see my big blueberry friend or baby. LI want to, I demand to hear all about this overtime game. I couldn’t figure out how to set two alarms so I went to bed just thinking I will check at 8 am. But I awoke with a start at 4:01am and checked and saw that indeed the Giants are going to the superbowl with us. Its hard seeing the game and hearing about the other one really made me homesick going to sleep last night. I talked to my dad at halftime and after the game but it just wasn't the same as being in my silk sweatpants, with my Vrabel jersey, hat and socks and making sure my underware had no light blue or yellow in it. Haha. Its just not a big thing over here and I think they are crazy for it not being a big thing. This experience helped me see I am in a different place…
On to London things now.
We took the school trip to Greenwich today. Like Gabby was saying it was nice to get out of our flats and not have to plan ourselves getting around London. We are glad we went and don’t think that we will necessarily go back there at all. But it was so fun. On the bus ride over they took the scenic route. So from the bus we saw, Big Ben, Parliament, the London Eye, Churches and beautiful architecture. London is a city of identity crisis if you ask me to describe it to you. It’s so old, yet it is forced to house all these modern things and in such a small space! I think they do an excellent job, but its just funny coming from a place where everything is tall and huge and new and modern. I like the feel here. Its more quaint and crowded but cozy. However from the tour guide on our bus I learned America’s got nothing. Every single sight was Newton is buried here, the guy who founded Harvard’s ashes are spread over there. Charles Dickens lived here. London was the first to make an underground underwater tunnel. London was the first to think up this… London was the first to think up that. Benjamin Franklin flew his kite here. William Shakespeare, Winston Churchill, Princess Diana, Charles Darwin, John Lennon, Alexander Flemming, Thomas Moore, J.K Rowling. It goes on and on! What do we have in America? Walt Disney chriogenically frozen under Disney world, a president and Bill Gates??? Its just weird this place is so special and important and old! Buildings date back to different centuries, we don’t have that in the states.
At any rate enough of that rant. We will proably go back to all those “touristIE” things. I am intimidated to take pictures because I am selfish and want to just enjoy it myself but hopefully I will get better. We got to Greenwich went to eat at this little pub on the Thames. And just a side note, that Thames water, talk about, “Love that dirty water . . Boston you’re my home!” The Thames is FILTHY. Haha. At the pub I got a Broccoli Cheddar soup with bread and butter. It was Ok like all the other food here. Haha. Then we went to the prime meridian line that separates the continents. That was fun. We took all the necessary pictures that prove we were in two hemispheres at once.There were a lot of free museums. We went to the maritime museum. It was really nice. I am a museum type. Wandering around with high culture. Especially when almost all the museum’s here are free J I do enjoy museums and that doesn’t make me a dork. It was funny I really liked the ceiling and I wanted to take a picture but there was no pictures there. A British man came up to me and told me not to take pictures. I thought that was weird. We snapped off some anyway. Tehehe. Rebels I know huh? Then we went to an outdoor market. It was really fun to walk around and see all the vendors. Zac bought some special candy that tastes like sweedish fish and sam and gabby got a latte. Everyone there was very nice and they had unique stuff for reasonable prices. We found this coffee shop that was so unique it reminded me of the funky “funk and waffles” joint at school. It was swanky. Haha. Then we walked around some shops. It was cute. It felt like we were on an island but it was just more windy because we were closer to the Thames. We then found another outdoor market that was more second hand, but nobody bought anything. We headed back for the bus at 4:00. while on the bus driving back Gabby, me and Sam got sooooo excited because we saw store that looked like a walmart! We desperately want to go back. Small things amuse small minds haha. We got back and dilly dallied. Until walking over to the Sports Caft for 7 o’clock. It was packed the line was out the door. Everyone who is American and in London was there. I MET UP WITH MARIE FROM HIGH SCHOOL! J Very exciting. It was good for the soul to see her and talk to her during the game. J I miss all my girilies! And it is good to have one here! Basically everyone at the bar was either a patriots fan or they simply hated the patriots fan. They weren’t even necessarily a Chargers fan – they just hated the Patriots. I don’ t think that was nice. I got chicken nuggets – they were ok. They were nuggets. A lot of my other Syracuse friends got there really early and got table but the Syracuse people I went with and Marie hung out by the pool tables watched the game, drank and ate there. It was packed. Hahaha These really drunk guys from Quincy left their chicken wings unattended during the fourth quarter and didn’t look like they were going to return so we had some. We figured – Hey we are all pats fans! Ahah Oh college kids and free food! At any rate like I said we didn’t get to see any of the Giants game. But they won. For the superbowl we are thinking some kids in non prearranged got a deluxe package and instead of paying 5 pound cover, we will proably try to go over there it will be less crowded and less expensive too!
Then I skyped my family gathered at my aunt’s house. It was good to see them all J Hi family. However, I didn’t get to see my American grandma whose birthday it was yesterday. I told the patriots to win for her and they did! J
Well classes start for me today. For some reason I am slightly terrified. I still haven’t heard back from the internship lady and I just realized one of my classes may mandatorily place me in a non profit for one day a week which will mean I will still have to give up my free Fridays! Aghhhhhhh! Oh well I will get it all sorted out.
I am sure I will remember more details and thoughts from the trip.
Oh on a funny note. There was a vendor in the outdoor market who was selling dried fruit and he gave Sam and Gabby a dried mango to try. They ate it thought it was good and tasted like a fruit leather. They offered me some and I replied, “oh no thanks I don’t like………. (pregnant pause) fruit” which for those of you who know me well I don’t like fruit just apples and orange juice ahhaa. But it was really funny to them they were expecting me to say simply I didn’t like mango’s and I came out with that. Oh well you probably had to be there! ;)
Oh and I finished my remembrance essays and I submitted them! J now I just have to get one of my recommenders recommendations in.
Ill publish them later!
And I will tell you how classes are! J
Don’t forget me, I’ll write to you soon!
Stacey
Distance never separates people that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But, whenever I start feeling sad because I miss people I remind myself how lucky I am to have people so special to miss.