Friday, January 25, 2008

“Like when you think of it… this church is older than out country,” David


So today we went to Stonehenge. It was a long day. We left school at 8:30 and got back at 6:30 PM aghhhh. But it was good. But it really is only a pile of rocks. It is difficult to understand who put them there, some say aliens, druids, Brez says Tom Brady did it when he was bored one day, Stephie said in her previous life when she was a giant she did it. So I don’t know. Maybe I’ll do a poll to find the right answer. Haha. It was also very cold. Glad that I listened to my professor who said to wear all the clothes you brought. I loved that Dave and I saw the name of all the towns from home. We passed Andover, Exeter, Marlborough and Tauton.

Then the group went to Salisbury. It was so cute! RAQUELLA! We saw a pence store! Its kinda like the dollar store at home but everything is two dollars if you think about it… with the exchange oh well! I took plenty of pictures expect those soon! J We ate at this cute pub where I got a Burger (well well done of course) fries and a drink for L4.95! That was a great deal and my stomach was excited! Then Gabby and I still on the hunt for an American brownie to no avail. Oh well I will have to make some from scratch. If you have any easy recipes send them my way. Stfoster@syr.edu.

THEN GET THIS THERE WAS A TKMaxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ANGEL’S SUNG! THE SKY’S PARTED. AND GOD SAID THIS IS MY OWN BELOVED SHOPPER LET HER ENTER AND FIND MIRACULOUS SALES J

And so it was. I scoured the racks and found a pair of dark skinny Lee jeans marked down to L8.00 and a cute top for L5.00. When I asked the cashier why they called it TKMaxx, she said it was TJ’s brother who opened the chain in Europe. Well, Zac and I thank the Maxx family. While I was busy shopping, Gabby and Sam found Zac some dark wash jeans and some great shoes to go with. Wonderful.

Then we took a tour of Salisbury Cathedral. And exactly as Dave put it, ““Like when you think of it… this church is older than out country.” It was amazing! I have pictures. It took only 58 years to build and the steeple was really really tall the tallest in Europe I believe. It was creepy thought because so many people are buried there. There are pillars that are bending because of the weight. And so much detail I have no idea how they did that! And London is filled with these castles, cathedrals, museums and magic!

Then we came home and ate leftover spaghetti and Zac picked up a bagette of French bread and we decided that is how we will live the next four months supplementing everything with a .64pense French Bagette! J

OH and a word about the drive. I don’t know if I have told you this already because my blogs are a stream of consciousness writing but the lights are red, then they turn red and yellow to tell the drivers to get ready to go. Its really funny! Its like how impatient are they?!?! Until someone suggested it was because so many people drive standards here. So who knows. I realize this post isn’t anything without photographs so I will work on uploading those. I am working on getting a shutterfly or something so you can see all my photos of statues and things easily. So I will let you know about that when I get it up and running. I am going shopping again Sunday. All I really want from here now is a cheap white wool coat and tall black boots so I can fit in J And souvenirs J

Don’t forget me, I’ll write to you soon!

Stacey

Distance never separates people that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But, whenever I start feeling sad because I miss people I remind myself how lucky I am to have people so special to miss.