Sunday, January 27, 2008

Chinese Food Dinner.

Last night we just went to a pub close by. It was quaint and crowded. This is the first time that locals came up and talked to us. And by locals I mean a gay couple who had been together for about a year and half and by talked to us I mean talked to Zac and sam and I were standing close by. They were nice they asked us to pick some songs from the jutebox and talked to us about our majors.
After waking up early for Stonehenge we woke up at 11, and then at 2 we decided to go to big Ben. I will try to upload pictures. It is beautiful and majestic. Then we walked to Buckingham palace. We only saw it from a distance and one weekend we will do the crown jewels get up real early and go. It was crazy we walked to Buckingham we took a scenic route next to the river. And this one guy was feeding the squirrels peanuts and they weren’t afraid they would go right up to him and eat it from his hands.
Then it was about 4 pm and we were already hungry (what else is new?) so we decided to detour home by going to Chinatown. We went to this restaurant that came highly recommended by this magazine TIME OUT London. We saw the menu outside and it looked legitimate. So we go inside. We are seated. The table is set with a soup bowl and saucer dish underneath it with a spoon like one of those big spoons that comes with won ton soup, and chopsticks. Then these people come around with carts of food. And some of it was so weird that we passed on all the carts till in fact we realized they were coming around for a second time. Zac ordered some prawn’s. Gabby got some prawn dumplings and spring rolls off the cart. Sam got Hot and Sour Soup and spring rolls from the cart. Meanwhile, being the picky person that I am I was just like can I get some fried rice up in this joint? So it turns out you can order. So I order chicken fried rice. We get a big plate for like the table. And I am so hungry that I want to shovel this rice down… but all I have is freaking chopsticks. So I do what any hungry American would do. Use the soup spoon that they gave me for no good reason seeing that when Sam ordered soup they brought her a whole new bowl and soup spoon. This looks preposterous and I am pretty sure that I offended any and every Chinese person who was there and who is living. Then we are eating and we also got some spare ribs off the cart we are like I am not full not even close to being full this is like a freaking snack and watch the bill is going to be like a bizzilion pounds. We were just so tired I think that everything was funny. Because then blond Stacey asked what language they speak in Greece? And when we got the bill and attempted to split it but it was in Chinese Zac kept saying but “I got the prawns, I got the prawns” I dunno it isn’t funny on paper but get four exhaustedly tired hungry broke college students its fun! 
Then it was National Australia day so we went to this bar/club called walkabout. It was fun. Really crowded but fun with a lot of Syracuse people who were there. Today I went on an east end walking shopping trip with the school. It was fun. We went to flower markets and then this other one was a skeezy like flea market. Then me and my friend Rory got lost like kids separated from their mother at a supermarket, but we found out way to Pettycoat lane and I bought a white wool coat for 15L!  It is really cute and stylish. Then we took the tube home and went grocery shopping. Rory is awesome. I am glad I met her here. We are similar. We are both from MA, GO PATRIOTS! So we can even maybe hang out over the summer. She is an only child and I hope our parents can get together for like therapy sessions haha. Then Sam, Gabby and I went to Mcdonalds. It was marvelous!!!!!!! Sam has been craving a steak so naturally she got a premium burger from McDonalds and that is the same thing. Then we three went shopping a little bit because Sam desperatly needed jeans
Now I am just lazing around keeping in touch with Cuse people. It was a nice day and a great weekend!
Don’t forget me, I’ll write to you soon!
Stacey
Distance never separates people that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But, whenever I start feeling sad because I miss people I remind myself how lucky I am to have people so special to miss.