Saturday, January 19, 2008

Chillaxing

Yesterday was a very relaxing day. We cooked spaghetti and tasteless pizza. Whateve it was sustenance. I could not get skype audio to work, people could not hear me and that produced the first freak out. I was so frustrated; I had been trying at it for like 3 hours total. I could hear my mom she could see me. I couldn’t speak to her. It was late. So I had her call my cell and then I talked to her on that for a while and I left the room. When I came back Sam had my computer and hers and had Breznatech on the phone fixing it.
After a while we did fix it. We updated the sound driver. I was so happy. I gave mom a cyber tour of my room and got to talk to her and it was o much fun! However one sided conversation on web cam are awkward. Haha.

Today was a lazy day. At my suggestion and my planning, we went to petticoat lane because it was supposed to have great outdoor markets. Mistake number one is “At my suggestion and my planning” haha. Well it turns out the market is closed on Saturdays. Turns out London closed is closed on Saturdays. Haha. No sandwich shops are open. Its weird. So then we went to Oxford street because that is like American row. There the shops were open but we found out about a bar called Bodeans to watch the cuse vs. Villanova game. It was good to see the dome. J We lost but it was good to see it. Its funny how you appreciate stuff if you aren’t there. Its weird I feel like school is on a freeze. I feel like I am here and nothing is going on at Syracuse, even though I am talking to my friends from there. Its weird. Its like a book I am reading where they are doing stuff where I know the background but its not real. I hope not a lot changes while I am gone. But I know it will. I hope its not too big of an adjustment when I go back. I don’t think it will be. It will be good to be back.

I said goodbye to Carrie yesterday. It was sad. She was ready to go back. She missed her daughter. She started to cry as she was telling me she had her husband put the phone up to her daughter and she was crying in the background. She was sooo nice she was confident that I will do fine here and that is so nice of her. I miss just simply seeing her around. She is always so nice and kind. She got to see our flat and she thought it was really nice which it is. She even offered if I need anything that SU Abroad always sends packages to the London program and she can slip stuff inside. J She is so nice and a wonderful person to escort me to the UK. I hope she gets back safe.

I am working on my essays for the Remembrance scholarship. It is so relevant because I am studying abroad right now. I would love to be able to represent one of those students. Maybe I will post my essays on my blog when I am done.

Just a note about the weather here. It hasn’t been that bad, its been really good actually. Not rainy just not sunny. It is a little wet but I really don’t know how the water gets there. Everyone was warning me that it is a different kind of cold – a wet cold that gets under your skin; but after Syracuse I think I am prepared. Today it was 57 and I was like sweating with my dual layered brown rainproof jacket. Haha. This is my kind of place. And tomorrow for example… it is going to be 57 too. A little breezy but not cold gusts of wind at least not yet. They have really mild winters here is what I am trying to say.

Breakfast at Tiffany’s was on TV today we had it on as we were getting ready. Oh how I have come to love that movie!

I dunno if I have already said this yet but the jet lag is hitting me in that I can’t fall asleep till like 3-4 am London time. But I think after a while, you start to never need sleep anymore. And still right now it feels like a vacation. I feel like I am going back soon. I am sure when that hits me or when something happens at home this will finally sink in. Until then I should try to get some sleep.

Don’t forget me, I’ll write to you soon!

Stacey

Distance never separates people that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But, whenever I start feeling sad because I miss people I remind myself how lucky I am to have people so special to miss.