Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Weather

So I don't think I have ever written about the foggy Londontown's weather. So I will take this opportunity to.

It wasn't that bad, or it didn't seem that bad. The day we got here was cold, wet and rainy, but other than that the weather hasn't really stood out in my mind. I was prepared and Northface helps. We always joked that the weather wasn't bad until people came to visit. Hahaha, like when Stephanie was here, rainy and miserable, when Brez was here, rainy and miserable.

Its really scary when you can look on weather dot com and see the rest of your time's here weather forecast all laid out in the three day. And while I think its nice that London is crying from the skies that I am leaving, it would be nice to have a nice day. I don't know if I told you but Rory and I are going to see Matchbox Twenty tomorrow. It will be a good way to get ready to go back to the states. And I have just realized that basically all my favourite artists are from the UK, The Beatles, Coldplay, Franz Fernindand etc etc... but all's I have heard here is American music, ie Rhianna, Justin Timberlake, Brittany, Kayne from about three months before we left. American music on tape delay, as Sam says.

Weatherwise, I am reminded of leaving my internship for the last time. I was sad, and it was raining, but it was beautiful outside and the sun was trying to shine through. It was almost as if it were telling me, don't be sad, its ok - be uplifted!

I was talking to one of the student life heads today after my Econ final, which i think went OK hey, its over right? She was asking all the necessary questions when am I leaving? How am I getting to the airport? Am I all packed? To which I answered, Friday. Dot 2 dot taxi service and Kinda. I added that it seems like you always want what you can't have. If you asked me in February if I wanted to go home, I would have said yes and hopped on a plane, no sweat, but now that I have to go home, I only want to stay here. Like moving out of school for the summer, I have to remind myself that even if I stayed it wouldn't be the same, everyone else is gone and I must go too.

Furthermore, HOW AM I GOING TO GRADUATE?!?!?!? That is leaving an era of my life! A lot of my friends are graduating this year and I am going to say goodbye to them but they are all feeling almost the same things I am feeling, except I think that is more scary, being done with college. Oh well, I will have to do that someday too.

Well I shall be packing and such, wish me luck with weight limits and traveling!


Don’t forget me, I’ll write to you soon!

Stacey

Distance never separates people that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But, whenever I start feeling sad because I miss people I remind myself how lucky I am to have people so special to miss.