Of course god thought it would be funny to dress the home team, Queen’s Park Rangers or QPR, in Giants blue just to torture a Patriots fan (as I will digress, about a week ago the NFL schedules were announced, we will get revenge on August 28th preseason game. Oh and little baby was married today… According to the International Herald Tribune… “Manning and his groomsmen wore khaki suits and white roses in their lapels. Manning wore a tie with blue and white stripes, while his groomsmen kept their collars open.
Moments before the ceremony, Eli Manning's brother Peyton, the Indianapolis Colt's star quarterback, wrapped his arm around his brother and whispered words of encouragement to him.” DON’T LISTEN TO YOUR BROTHER!!)
At any rate the real football, you know the kind that raised Wes Welker into the fine athlete he is today.
I went into this game wishing they would head but the ball at least once. However, I didn’t have to wish - head but the ball every 5 seconds! The field was smaller than I thought it would be, but you can see why soccer players are so athletic, because they run up and down that field all the day long.
Before the game my friends and I were discussing the need we felt to get greesy food and a beer at a sporting event, we didn’t know if this was just an American thing… but it wasn’t. They love to do that here too. To eat I got chips (French fries) and a flavored water. The chips were really good! Greesy yummm yumm.
OH we were 3rd row which was amazing! It was like I was playing. It was really funny because they kicked the ball into the stands a few times by accident. The only point of reference of balls going out of the stadium is from baseball, where you get to keep the ball, but here the people were throwing it back onto the field and they were using the ball again. Me and my friend Lisa threatened if we got a hold of a ball – we weren’t giving it back… We never got hold of a ball.
The home team, QPR, won 1-0, which is who we rooted for by default. It’s really weird that the games are so low scoring, as Americans we are used to big scores.
The funniest thing about soccer is the fans, they are more amusing than the game itself. We were close to where the away team’s fans were sitting, and they were chanting all game long. With the echo we couldn’t make out what the chants were except this one where they kept talking about how it was “sold out, sold out BAD WORDS BAD WORDS sold out!” These little boys behind me, as you can see in my pictures, look angelic, but were being bred to be real English Football aggressive boys. Haha (again see pictures) Overall, it was really cool. I don’t really understand the rules at all, even after seeing the game, but soccer is a sport you can enjoyably watch without knowing the rules. Can’t really say that about American Football.
Finally, it just seems like the strategy is obviously to score goals and when the ball is going toward your goalie, just throw your body in its way so it doesn’t go that way anymore… DUH.
Then this weekend I finally went to the
At any rate, like my friend Brez said of his visit here before the British museum is basically
You have to be careful because you are in a time warp once you enter, I could have gone to the
I was amazing at how you had unpresented access to all the stuff in the museum. The statues are just chilling, not behind glass. (Some things are behind glass the small things and the big draws like the Rosetta stone, but other than that there are huge Egyptian statues just chillin) Granted all the signs say, "Do not touch" but I snuck in a few touches. Tehehe.
I waited till the last minute to visit the Museum because I was scared. Scared you ask? Of what? Not of mummies, but I was scared it would be awesome and I would be jealous and I was right. It is a beautiful museum, and its free! There is nothing like it in the
I know this is horrible but the whole time I was there I couldn’t help thinking that all the stuff the museum had was fake. This stemmed from the disappointment that some of the stuff was a recreation, you would only know that if you read the cheat sheets. And lets face it, all this stuff belongs to Egypt, Iran, Africa, Rome, Greece, America, and China at what point does it become stealing from them that the British Museum has it?
Don’t forget me, I’ll write to you soon!
Stacey
Distance never separates people that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But, whenever I start feeling sad because I miss people I remind myself how lucky I am to have people so special to miss.
