There are pangs now and then. It mostly sneaks up on you. Because lets all face it we are not always in tune with where we are so homesickness is all of a sudden realizing that you don’t have a Wegman’s a short car ride away. Its remembering inside jokes you had with friends who you wish were here. Its seeing your family on the webcam that creates such a smile on your face you can’t stop smiling. Its subjecting yourself to the torture of watching your basketball team win a big game and rush the court. Those things make you want to teleport home quickly and then come right back, however. Because as much as I miss my Family and Friends I wouldn’t give this up for the world. Even when I go home in May I will be extremely sad because I just want everyone I know to move here. Why should I have to relocate again and again.
The one thing that scares me is how little I am homesick actually. I almost feel like a vagabond. Give me a bed and food I will provide things that make me feel at home… mainly pictures and shopping establishments. How will I know when a place feels like home when I call so many places home? My home in MA, my apartment in
Don’t forget me, I’ll write to you soon!
Stacey
Distance never separates people that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But, whenever I start feeling sad because I miss people I remind myself how lucky I am to have people so special to miss.
